Artemis Chasma
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artemis Chasma

Artemis Chasma

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Visual updates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverDemon
Admin
SilverDemon

Visual updates Empty
PostSubject: Visual updates   Visual updates Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:29 pm

September 22, 2008 8:16pm

So, I'm sure you've all noticed that I changed the look of the site a little. I logged on Sunday (Sept. 21) and found that the previous template I was using was gone. It now just showed blue lettering against a black background with no lines to seperate topics. This bugged me and I found it hard to adjust. I looked for the previous template, but I couldn't find it. I was using the website that forumotion reccomends: Hitskin.com.

I'm not sure how that particular website works, but I would think that it will only allow for a template to be used if it is still on thier site. Because I couldn't find it, I assume it was taken down. I found this one which I had looked at before I created the forum but was turned away by the fact it was themed to a particular anime. I've learned however, how to change the banners you see at the top of the page, so I was able to keep our old picture and still use the template.

There are a few things about this template that the previous one (Devil Wings I believe it was called) had that this one doesn't. In the previous one, links were automatically turned red. In this one you have to color them yourself (by default). Quotes are also hard to see when you use them. There are a few minor things that I haven't had to use, but I know are missing. Some of the things I can change in the Administration Panel, but I don't want to spend too much time on them until I know for sure what template I would like to have for this site. Which leads me into the next part.

I want your opinion guys. Do you like this look and setup? Some of the bright colors used to show new posts and such are a little confusing (at least to me). I can try out several different templates and we can have a vote as to what you guys like best. Which ever one you guys like better is the one we'll keep, hopefully longer than the last one.

So, I'll post up several pics of templates and what they might look like on this fourm and see what you guys think.

Thanks for sitting through that long message...I'll try to keep others shorter. jocolor

~SilverDemon
Back to top Go down
https://artch.forumotion.net
SilverDemon
Admin
SilverDemon

Visual updates Empty
PostSubject: Visual Update 2   Visual updates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:51 pm

Update October 2, 2008

Hey everyone. Although only two people commented on the different templates, it was clear that this one was more popular, so I'm going to try it for a little while. I'm thinking about changing a few things, like the "no new posts (popular)" icon since it doesn't fit with the other ones, but I either have to find out what kind of font they used (or where they got it) or I'll have to mock up some new ones. I do have an idea of symbols in mind: This is the Daedric alphabet from the video game Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I think it looks pretty, but I want to know what you guys think.

If there is something you don't like or have an idea for something, say so please!
Back to top Go down
https://artch.forumotion.net
Deaths_Pulse

Deaths_Pulse

Visual updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visual updates   Visual updates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:56 pm

OMG!!!! Daedric alphabet!!!! You just made my day! Shocked

I like it!
Back to top Go down
Bloodywings
Bloodywings

Visual updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visual updates   Visual updates Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:36 pm

looks good to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Visual updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visual updates   Visual updates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visual updates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Artemis Chasma :: Welcome :: Updates!!-
Jump to: